Sweep line leak (in wall)

gunnilstam

Mar 18, 2020
Novato, CA
Hey guys, Ive located a leak in my 50 year old in ground pool where the sweep line connects. I dug up the soil and exposed the back of the wall. Water gushes out when the booster pump is on, the leak is not visible and the pipe is otherwise intact. Perhaps a 5% pressure loss, the sweep still runs. I am guessing this is the pipe being dislodged from the wall connector and probably easy to replace for a diy person. But being new to pools I don’t know the anatomy of what is in the wall, names of parts, or what type of sealant to purchase? Should I cut the pipe inside the hole, and replace all parts from there on to the pool? Any tips and links to schematics appreciated! Attaching front and back of wall images.

0FD75A71-7351-4CC6-A0B7-CFDEEEB91972.jpeg76862735-DD74-49F4-8006-B51F00ED1473.jpeg

Update: took a closer look under water - there is a crack in the upper half of the 1/2” pipe just where the pipe connects to the threaded socket for the sweep. The wall socket is not aligned well with the pvc pipe and connects at an angle with the pipe (hence the crack). Presumably badly installed or the whole thing moved over the years. Hoping to be able to fix this myself, what do you think?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.