SWCG selection for 13k pool

May 13, 2018
Henderson, NV
Hello Gurus,

I have a 13k pool, so I know I'll be looking for a 26k+ rated SWCG. I checked out discount salt pool and they recommended the Core-35, but I'm not sure that will work because my plumbing would be in the way of the unit that sticks up. Looking for recomendations. I'll self install if it's simple enough (the Core-35 seemed simple.) but I'm not opposed to an installer.

IMG_2321.jpeg
IMG_2322.jpeg

Looks like you would have room to use downward facing 90s and run new pipe and the SWG just above the grass.

It looks like you would be better off with the Circupoool edge 40 with the pentair adapter kit.. Just call discount salt pool and ask them to also send the Pentair unions as this will be a new install.. then you can cut right under your pipe coming from your filter and before your Jandy valve :)

As an added bonus it is a 40k SWG and its cheaper :whoot:

They are running a deal on those SWG. Buy "X" and get the next size up for $20. Have to buy today or tomorrow. I was window shopping AFTER my install yesterday.

Last edited:
It looks like you would be better off with the Circupoool edge 40 with the pentair adapter kit.. Just call discount salt pool and ask them to also send the Pentair unions as this will be a new install.. then you can cut right under your pipe coming from your filter and before your Jandy valve :)

As an added bonus it is a 40k SWG and its cheaper :whoot:

I wonder, since this unit isn't as big and tall, it may just fit inline even with the other pipes above it. What do you think?

Do you have 11 inches? The Circupool Core35 could fit in 11 inches. And it is on sale. Select the Core15, then "Upgrade to 35" for $20. Seems like a deal.

I wonder, since this unit isn't as big and tall, it may just fit inline even with the other pipes above it. What do you think?
Maybe, I can't stand close-coupled tight fits especially when you will need access in the future. Another option is to go high and "bridge over" the filter outlet if needed.

How is your pump speed controlled now?

Chris

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You may want to wait until next year..My Edge 40 was around $840 in Feb but this year thanks to the Liquid chlorine shortage They have been selling.
I bought the Edge25 for $839 and paid a $1 to upgrade to the 40
Now the 40 is $1149 !
Hoping for buyers the prices settles back down in 2021

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.