SWCG Control Panel mounting for Above Ground Pool

Mar 13, 2013
Missouri
I just recently purchased an Circupool RJ-45 SWG for my above ground pool and I am looking for ideas to see how others with ABG pools have mounted their Control Panels and Timers when there is not a wall or other surface near the filter and pump for mounting. I'm thinking of just placing two 4x4 posts in the ground about 18" - 24" apart and running a couple of 2x8's or 2x10's between them for a mounting surface for the control unit and timer. Then I thought I would build some type of small sunshade/roof to shield the control box and timer from the sun and weather. Has anyone else done anything similar to this or have any other ideas that they have done that has worked out well for them. I'm hoping to install this unit in the next couple of weeks. I would love to see some pictures of other installations for above ground pool SWG's.

thanks,
Cruiser310

I have an IG pool but its all the same. At the equipment pad, i have a 4x6 post that is waist high. One side has the sub panel for the equipment and the SWG control is on the other side.

Here is my above ground pool setup. I did not place any shading on the cell or the control box. Do you need to? That is to be determined over the next few years. :)2019-04-27 16.10.19.jpg

Reactions: gonfishin
Then I thought I would build some type of small sunshade/roof to shield the control box and timer from the sun and weather.
This is a great idea, not only to protect your equipment, but for the appearance value. Even though these devices are intended to be weatherproof, I would guess after 5-10 years of constant outdoor exposure they'll fade and become brittle.

Here is my above ground pool setup. I did not place any shading on the cell or the control box. Do you need to? That is to be determined over the next few years. :)View attachment 134392
That's a nice clean setup and installation you have there, Did you build the post yourself or purchase it? It looks really good, it makes the installation look nice & clean.

It does look like the control unit is on the shady side of the post at least when the picture was taken.

I just thought I had read somewhere to avoid prolonged direct sunlight on the control panel and cell if possible, but that's probably true for a lot of equipment, I just thought that a small roof type sunshade would maybe protect it some from the elements (sun, rain, etc.).

Thanks for the picture, I was just looking for some ideas like that to see what others had done to install theirs.

That's a nice clean setup and installation you have there, Did you build the post yourself or purchase it? It looks really good, it makes the installation look nice & clean.

It does look like the control unit is on the shady side of the post at least when the picture was taken.

I just thought I had read somewhere to avoid prolonged direct sunlight on the control panel and cell if possible, but that's probably true for a lot of equipment, I just thought that a small roof type sunshade would maybe protect it some from the elements (sun, rain, etc.).

Thanks for the picture, I was just looking for some ideas like that to see what others had done to install theirs.

The post is a 4x4 with a plastic Mailbox pole cover on it to make it look finished. Actually the control box is on the sunny side of the post. The sun had not gotten to the high spot when I took the picture. You can also tell I installed the actual cell with the connector towards the ground since I have a 2-stage pump that I run 24/7 and wanted to ensure the low flow would keep it producing. I am sure if you place some shade protection on yours it will last longer than my setup.

The chest in the picture contains all my goodies including my cleaning robot. I just plug it into the plug shown in the picture and throw it in the pool. I have made my pool life as easy as possible. (y)

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
The chest in the picture contains all my goodies including my cleaning robot. I just plug it into the plug shown in the picture and throw it in the pool. I have made my pool life as easy as possible. (y)
Thanks for the info, Yes I agree with making the pool life as easy as possible. That's one of the main reasons for switching to the Salt Water, to save my daily testing and chlorine additions and jug toting. I think the cleaning robot may be next major purchase to make less work for the pool.

I ran a couple of months in 2019 without the "shed". Covid quarantine gave me some time to finally do this. Used pressure treated plywood. It's off center to the post because I added another section of post on the left to give it some more support.

IMG_6653.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's cool! you should put a faux telephone in there... that way the SWG thieves will be fooled into thinking they can only make a phone call! ;)
If they know what that kind of phone looks like, they probably cant hop the fence to be back there stealing in the first place. Maybe if they use the walker as a ladder......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.