SWCG, Automation, and Electrical Setup

In post #1 the OP says "In the manual it shows that the SWCG must be wired to the incoming 220v so that it is "always on" and then the automation sends the run signal and percentage values."

I did not feel the need to fact check that in whatever manual. Feel free to do so.

Controlling the SWG power using RS-485 is becoming a common technique among manufactures. Pentair is now doing it in the IntelliConnect and has changed the recommendations for SWG power hookup.

The automation cannot make changes to the SWG programming if its power is off because the pump power is off.
Here is the manual showing stand alone setup:
1633379002570.png
Here it is when using the automation controls, although note that the diagram is unchanged:
1633379139075.png

Reactions: TexEdmond
I sent an email to Hayward customer support asking about where to wire the Aquarite while using the Ecommand4 remote capability and the following is the answer I got:

We would want the AQR wired loadside to the timer. The Aquarite is unable to be controlled via the Ecommand. Only our Omnihub would have a secondary control board to allow for remote control of the Aquarite system.

I sent them back the below pictures from the Ecommand4 manual which shows where to wire the Aquarite communication cable as well as how to adjust the settings to utilize this connection. I'll update this post if I get any additional details from Hayward.

1633619969121.png
1633619982763.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.