SWC vs Liquid Chlorine

JPena

May 19, 2021
South Florida
I am looking at a SWC but I am not 100% unsure of the size of my pool. I know a bigger SWC is better, but I would like to know the conversion.
The pool store has it listed at 14,000 gallons.

I normally put one jug (2.5 gallons) of liquid chlorine from the local pool store on average.
The label on the jug says it is 10.5% Sodium Hypochlorite.

I see that some T-15 cells has a chlorine output is 1.45 lbs per 24 hours.

How to you convert or compare the pounds of chlorine a cell makes to liquid chlorine?

Welcome to TFP :)

You can find the size of your pool using pool math.. PoolMath But lets say it is 14k you would want at least a 30k SWG system as it is 2 times the size of your pool.. This will allow you to run your pump about 12 hours to make the chlorine you need... you can go bigger and run your pump less.. I have 15k pool and have a 45k SWG, right now my pool is covered with CYA at 70 and I run my SWG 2 hours a day.. :)

J,

Well I doubt you add 2.5 gallons of Chlorine to your pool all at once... How much do you add each day?

What FC level are you trying to maintain?

With a 14K pool (or anything close to 14K) you will need a 40K cell.. A salt cell needs to be rated for at least 2 x the volume of your pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I normally get the water tested on the weekend and wait until Monday morning to put the chemicals. Due to timing I end up dumping it all at once now (I used to do it twice a week).
The pool guys also used to dump the chemicals all at once per week. I don't like the high spike in chemicals so I am considering SWC. I forgot chlorine generation only happens when the pump is running which brings down the total output.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.