Surprised when looking for chlorine in Murrieta CA (SoCal) coming from FL

If I figured this out correctly worst case would be about $160 to fill the pool. Doesn't seem that bad actually.
water fee is $6.73 (Tier 4) per HCF (Hundred Cubic Feet), 1 HCF = 748 Gallons.
17000 Gallon pool (estimated) / 748 = 22.73
22.73 * $6.73 = 152.97 ~ $160

Hopefully I'm not overlooking something obvious.

Sewerage fee if they don’t waive it and taxes & fees. Where I am we have about half-dozen “fees” that are pennies per CCF (hundred cubic feet). Easily adds $15-$20 on every bill. Also check that there is no Tier higher than Tier 3 and no penalty for exceeding the highest tier.

Sewerage fee if they don’t waive it and taxes & fees. Where I am we have about half-dozen “fees” that are pennies per CCF (hundred cubic feet). Easily adds $15-$20 on every bill. Also check that there is no Tier higher than Tier 3 and no penalty for exceeding the highest tier.

All looks good with my math. Called and confirmed. Worst case scenario $160. No pool fill waiver, no increase in charge for sewer (its a flat rate/not based on usage), and when I hit the highest tier, that's the max per HCF ($6.73).

Thanks all.

Your math is correct. Water really isn't that expensive here. It cost me less than $200 to fill my pool and their are no sewer fees based off usage.

You must be looking in the wrong places.... There are HASA distributers on every corner that offer full strength acid and chlorine.

Your math is correct. Water really isn't that expensive here. It cost me less than $200 to fill my pool and their are no sewer fees based off usage.

You must be looking in the wrong places.... There are HASA distributers on every corner that offer full strength acid and chlorine.

Hello Brian,
New to the area, I came from central Florida and Homedepot/Lowes sold 20 Baume/31% MA $12 2 - 1 gallon containers and Leslies and Pinch a Penny sold fresh 10% liquid chlorine in the 2.5 Gal refillable totes for $5. Yeap. Not there now. So learning the ropes here.

So we've been here a year, and quite a year it's been. Great pool season here. Swam until Sept. It's different then Florida that's for sure. We're on a hill and we have almost constant breezes in the afternoon. The pool is warm and with the breeze it's actually a little cool. I found the the 20 Baume 31% stuff it's $8 a gallon but their 2 gal 1/2 strength stuff is $10 bucks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.