Surface of a fiberglass pool

Got in the pool for first this year. Sanded all around the pool walls as far down as I could reach. Wow did that make a difference in the surface. Felt like 80 grit sandpaper before, smooth as glass after. One problem though, can't see the bottom of the pool. Very cloudy now. Expect that to clear up after I buy whatever the pool $tore tells me I need. Just kidding! :)

Got in the pool for first this year. Sanded all around the pool walls as far down as I could reach. Wow did that make a difference in the surface. Felt like 80 grit sandpaper before, smooth as glass after. One problem though, can't see the bottom of the pool. Very cloudy now. Expect that to clear up after I buy whatever the pool $tore tells me I need. Just kidding! :)

Clarifier Bob, lots and lots and lots of clarifier....oh, and don't forget to get your phosphates checked....you know how I love a good phosphate free pools!!

Sanded all around the pool walls as far down as I could reach. Wow did that make a difference in the surface. Felt like 80 grit sandpaper before, smooth as glass after. One problem though, can't see the bottom of the pool. Very cloudy now.
Same for me as well when I started. I only have a single cartridge, so I was rinsing 1-2 times per day after sanding. Amazing how much scale was on there. Looked like milk when I rinsed the filter. I haven't sanded for about 2 weeks now to let things settle and see if a low CSI will take better effect on the overall condition of the shell. I'm very close to a zero alkalinity treatment, but honestly, I'm a bit gun-shy to pull the trigger. But like you, I notice the difference and am kicking myself for my previous TFP days. :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.