Surface discoloration/inconsitencies - Marcite.

Jul 28, 2017
BURLINGTON, KY
Hi all,

I've owned a vinyl-liner IGP for many years but we're considering a move south (Florida) where they are all concrete. One property we're looking at has a combined Spa / IGP with a Saltwater Chlorine Generator (which I'm also very familiar with. The owner's claim this pool was recently refinished but there are odd variances in the color of the Marcite including an area in the spa where it appears that something coming out of one of the jets caused a darker blue streak in the seating area. Two questions for you experts: 1) is this something I need to be concerned about beyond cosmetics / a need to refinish soon and 2) any idea what would cause this?

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Bob K.

Attachments

• poolstreak1.jpg
    poolstreak1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 11
  • poolstreak2.jpg
    poolstreak2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 10
My guess on the spa streak is after plastering water leaked from the jet while the pool was being filled before water was put in the spa. It is the type of thing that happens if the fill after new plaster is turned off before the pool is filled.

I think what you see is cosmetic.

My guess on the spa streak is after plastering water leaked from the jet while the pool was being filled before water was put in the spa. It is the type of thing that happens if the fill after new plaster is turned off before the pool is filled.

I think what you see is cosmetic.

Thanks Allen, thankfully it doesn't bother me that much, or at least not enough to pay to have it re-done right away if we buy the place. Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.