Super II Pump died, New SuperPump seems weak & sucking air Hayward

Can you post the exact model number of the Super II you had? You are reading the pump curve chart wrong. I know this is all new to you, but a full rated 2HP Super II should have been more than enough to run everything. More than likely you need advice on the way to use the valves to optimize your flow. Any other pictures of the equipment from different angles could help.

Hi, I will definitely get another pic and pic of the old super II pump. Are you sure Im reading charts wrong? You are probably right!

Super II I thought has 130 gph and 75mm head
Super I SP2615X20 I thought has 120gph and 90mm head

Maybe I need a super II 2.5hP? I dont really want to splurge on the 2 speed, sadly Im not living here right now. We rent this house out for season.

They are curves. Pick a head level and use the same number for each pump if you want to see the flow difference. That just allows comparison, it is not necessarily where your pool would operate and the head is not a constant either.

The cost of a 2 speed motor for your old pump is definitely less than buying a new 2.5hp full pump.

Hi guys. This is a 9.5ft deep pool if that changes anything. Here is the exact model number of the pump I had before. No matter what, water trickled out of the spa overflow unless the pool returns were shut off completely. I cannot run water curtains unless all pool returns are off. Super II Pump: SP 1615 z1 MBK, HP 2, Service Factor 1.0

I replaced with a Super Pump 2hp, but the pool store will accept a return and Im considering returning it because I have bubbles in the returns and my g3 barracuda is getting stuck on drain, and the spa overflow seems worse. I cannot run water curtains unless all pool returns are off

Here is what Im considering instead: Super II 2 hp or Super II 2.5 hp, but my filter only supports 125gph and some say its undersized for 28k gal pool.

Will Super II cause a difference in the flow of the spa overflow and water curtains? Can the water curtains ever run at the same time as the pool returns and spa returns?

Ay Ay AY what a mess!!!

Unless there was something wrong in your previous pump, a new Super ii 2hp will have the same flow rate as your old pump.

It sure sounds like you have some other plumbing restriction besides the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.