Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
My pool has been testing over 1200 ppm for CH for more than a year. Currently at 1350. I've managed to keep my CSI in range by allowing my TA to naturally balance at 50. I only have to add acid every few days to keep the PH at around 7.6-7.8. I've been anticipating having to refill the pool once I started seeing the water cloud up or calcium scaling on the tile or pool. But it still hasn't happened. Thanks to TFP, it's remains perfectly clear water with no scaling. I'm convinced it was my re-plaster job that caused the high CH. My question is, is it safe to continue to maintain the high CH or should I be proactive and refill the pool to get the CH down to recommended levels? I've been avoiding all this time because my family and friends think I'm crazy. They say I have the clearest and nicest pool they have seen. If I wasn't measuring this, I wouldn't suspect anything was wrong.

Last Measurements:
CYA 50
FC 4.0
TA 50
PH 7.6

Consider draining and refilling when the season is over in the Fall. I have managed a pool all the way up to 1500ppm CH and it’s no fun. Above 1000ppm there a much higher potential to get scaling inside an SWG which forces the pool owner to maintain low pH/TA. It’s easier to just drain and refill to lower CH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.