Sundance Cameo circulation pump does not run as scheduled

presse55

Bronze Supporter
Aug 8, 2016
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hello group,

The circulation pump had been running fine, according to scheduled parameters (starting at midnight, running for 12 hours, per mfg suggestions).

A couple of days ago, I noticed it was not running in the morning hours, at it is supposed to, till noon, that is.

When I manually start it, it runs for 1 hour, then stops.

I've tried:
  • Per mfg procedure, I reset circulation start time for midnight, and duration to 12:00 hrs.
  • I rebooted the spa.
  • I've reset the filter day counter to 30.
  • I've cleaned the filter once a week very religiously.
  • No errors (ex. 'flow') appear on the keypad.

But still the same.

The result is that the spa water is filtering much less than the intended 12 hours per day.

Any suggestions as to where I should look next?

Thanks in advance,

Ron
Montreal

Ron,

Logic says that either the pump is only being told to run for 1 hour, or that after 1 hour it gets hot and just stops working.

I would use a voltmeter and measure the input power to the pump. Obviously it will have 120 volts when running, and if is still has 120 volts when not running, you will know the pump has failed. If, after an hour and the pump stops, the 120 volts is no longer there, then the control circuit that tells the pump when to run must be bad.

Thanks.

I would also make sure you are not in the Economy Mode...

I suspect that the circulation pump gets power from different sources when in the Standard Mode and when in the Economy Mode. I have no idea what the circuit on your spa looks like, but it could be that the Standard Mode is broken (Open relay) and the system is only operating in the Economy Mode through a different relay.

Just shooting out some basic ideas...

Jim R.

Oh, good news, it's neither the board, nor the pump.
It has to do with a "summer logic" consideration.

Summer Logic: In warm weather, the water temperature in the
hot tub may exceed the set temperature. This condition may occur
due to heat transference from the filter/circulation pump and jets
pumps. If the water temperature is higher than 95°F (35°C) and
rises two degrees above the set temperature, a “Summer Logic”
condition occurs that deactivates the filter/circulation pump and
CLEARRAY®.

My water is at 95°F and set temperatures is at 90°F (we're not using the spa for a few days).

Voilà, circulation pump won't trigger under those conditions.

It really helps to read the book.

Ron
Montreal

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.