Sun Touch with erroe code "er air"

kolbeb

Apr 29, 2017
elk grove/ CA
I have a sun touch controller. There is an error message of "ER Air" which I read to be an error with the air sensor reding. Itried to re-set the ambient air temperature (re-calibrate) and it will not read anything above 19 degrees F or -119 degrees F. There are not wires or a sensor hooked up to the control panel. My question is: Is there an internal sensor on the unit? How to I troubleshoot?

I have a Sun Touch. Mine requires an Air sensor for a reading. I dont think there is a "built in" one. I ordered and replaced mine from an Amazon product last year and its fine...sorry I couldnt be of more help..

Welcome to TFP!

To control solar the Suntouch requires two inputs. A watertemp sensor in the plumbing after the filter and a solar temp sensor mounted on the roof near the panels, both wired back to the Suntouch. Be sure to use the black temp sensor on the roof so that it picks up solar gain as well as air temp. The installation manual has more details and is available here, Pentair - SunTouch Control System

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.