Sun shade for Jandy VS controller

sbixby

Aug 6, 2019
Sacramento, CA
I'd like to get a sun shade to keep direct sun off my newly installed Jandy JEP-R controller.

For the life of me I can't seem to find anything on the internet and I think I just don't know what to search for. Something like white-painted sheet-metal or weather-safe plastic is just fine. Basically just about 8-12" deep at the top, sides angling to the wall surface towards the bottom, tabs for screws.

Anyone have an idea where to find something like this? I can build one from wood (takes a bit of time), could *probably* hand-hack one from sheet metal, but bending would be a challenge.

Unfortunately I don't think they are in your area...

Google "door canopy" and see if that is something like you have in mind. Amazon and Walmart have them for around $40 -$50.

Unfortunately I don't think they are in your area...

Oh, WOW, very nice! Alas, a bit over the top for what I am looking for. :) We have a gated enclosure for the equipment and the newly-installed heat pump, so I don't want anything blocking that enclosure from plenty of heat for the heat pump.

Google "door canopy" and see if that is something like you have in mind. Amazon and Walmart have them for around $40 -$50.

Nice idea and I'll keep it in mind if nothing else comes up. They're about 2-3 times as wide and deep as I was looking for.

The main reason I wanted to find something is that in Jandy's manual it suggests to avoid direct sun as it will darken the display over time. So that's really all I was trying to protect from.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.