Sun Ledge Bubbler Help!

Jan 21, 2017
Prosper Tx
During the the TX freeze in March my pool lost power and froze over. The the pipe to the bubbler on the sun ledge froze and broke right below the gunite, so in the middle under the sun ledge. No pool repair company can get to it unless we break up the sun ledge. I have had it off a valve and capped on the sun ledge since April. Having a white PCV cap in the middle of my sun ledge for the next 20 years (pool is only 3 years old) does not seem like the answer.

I don't care that the bubbler is gone, but what are my options to hide it? Sleeve it and make an umbrella holder? Fill it in try to match the pebble tech color? Any ideas?

Also looking for a flush 1.5" cap so I don't have a toe stubbing feature but cant seem to find one, if you know of one please let me know.

Thanks,
Chad

Are you concerned about water from the sun ledge leaking around the bubbler and into the gunite shell? It is hard to understand where the bubbler actually broke.
Most plaster companies have repair for plaster that can be applied underwater. You could contact them (that has your plaster type) and ask them to help. You should be able to fill the vertical ID of your bubbler and look flush to the plaster - just like it was never there. You may see a slight color variations but that would vary depending on your existing plaster and color type.

Thanks! It broken in the PVC 90 deg right below the gunite so filling it and matching the plaster and probably my best bet. Then I can remove the valve and no one will know it had a bubbler. That is my feat that I go to sell the house in a few yeas and some inspection finds that its been capped and people start to ask questions.

So you think I can drain the pool to expose the sun ledge (only about 6") and fill it and a company an match the plaster / Pebble tech coating close enough so that no one will know? You would have to drill out the plastic pipe first though right?

Thanks! It broken in the PVC 90 deg right below the gunite so filling it and matching the plaster and probably my best bet. Then I can remove the valve and no one will know it had a bubbler. That is my feat that I go to sell the house in a few yeas and some inspection finds that its been capped and people start to ask questions.

So you think I can drain the pool to expose the sun ledge (only about 6") and fill it and a company an match the plaster / Pebble tech coating close enough so that no one will know? You would have to drill out the plastic pipe first though right?
Call the plaster applicator company. They can guide how their product works. On mine I had the size of a quarter and they filled underwater. But it was not a pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.