Suggestions for Layout of New SWCG

Thanks Fred. I will probably use pucks once my SWG stops producing. I have a little CYA headroom, and I shouldn't need many because of the low demand this time of year. I will put a reminder on my calendar every 6 months or so to check the timers on the pool pump and the SWG timer.

I'd make the timer check part of the pump/skimmer basket check/clean out, which is once a week or so (for me, anyway). If you make it part of your regular maintenance you won't need a reminder, and you'll catch an error much sooner.

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus
Like I said, if you put a half hour between on and offs then you can go quite awhile. I check it more than every six months but when it hit 5 minutes fast (six minutes delta) I reset the timer just for good measure. I actually need to go outside and check if we are still making chloride ions... I am doing that daily now...

I'll echo others here: it's "trouble free pool" not "maintenance free." Pool maintenance should include daily inspections. I can do mine in about a minute, the time it takes to walk from my skimmer to my pad. I check the baskets, the filter gauge and a flow gauge, observe the pool for animals or other anomalies, the pad for leaks, my auto-filler function, and SWG and IntellipH operation. All it takes is a glance. I do skip days, but never weeks. A lot can go wrong with so many moving parts subjected to so many forces (temp, water, corrosion, chemicals, etc), that it's prudent to have something along these lines in your toolbox...

Since failures will naturally occur the minute after you inspect, instead of a minute before, the interim you choose to use is the time you're willing to have a failure run amuck unchecked...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.