Suggestions for a replacement pump to drive Polaris 280

Richard_S

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
SW France
Hi Team,

have finally managed to get to my pool - long story - but the incumbent pump for the Polaris has died. I quick check initially showed that fused had tripped, but further work has confirmed that pump is dead. Power is reaching it, but nothing going on.

It's a DAB Jectcom SP 102 M about 12yrs old, never been serviced so guessing that it's had its time.

Now looking for a replacement. I believe that we are running 3 Phase here (in France) and the spec on the lid of the pump has "400v" so guessing this is right. Have attached some photos - if anyone can confirm?

I can replace like for like but the original pump was very noisy, so any recommendations for a suitable 3 phase replacement that will drive the Polaris would be very welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_2881.jpg
    IMG_2881.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2889.jpg
    IMG_2889.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2890.jpg
    IMG_2890.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 6
no, I haven't. Wondering how easy it will be to find one of those. It did cross my mind that this might be an issue. The other problem that I fixed was a neutral that seemed to be frayed and perhaps shorting out on the body of the pump - but sadly this didn't cure it. The only thing that I know is that the pump did seem to work a couple of weeks ago, but the polaris was moving at the speed of a stunned snail....which is why i think the pump may have given up the ghost, or would a failing capacitor do this?

In way of closure to this thread, went with the Polaris pump. Looks identical to others, so no doubt am paying for the name, but just don't have the luxury as need to get the property ready for rental. New pump is whisper quiet compared to the old one, which is a bonus and also seems to be producing a lot of pressure - perhaps too much as pressure valve is now running at wall connection - but let's see how it beds in.

thanks all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.