Suggestion 4,000 gal pool

Nova13

Jan 23, 2013
I have a dosing type chlorinator works fine, just want to upgrade to a SWG,

looking online they all are much larger like for 15-20,000 gal

any suggestions model make ?

I'm in FL using solar in cooler months

Does it matter if it is plumbed in before or after the pump, or horizontal/vertical?

Thanks

N,

The larger the cell the longer it will last and the less you have to run you pump. If I were in your shoes I would buy a 20K unit...

Salt cells are rated when running at 100% and 214/7, so we always recommend that the cell be rated for at least 2 x the volume of your pool.

Installation depends on the cell, but they are always installed after the filter (or heater or solar) and just before any valves controlling the water returning to the pool..

Here is a good comparison chart... Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

N,

Most above ground units should not be used on in-ground pools, but I looked at that one and it appears that it would work ok.

The page I saw says it works on above ground pool OR small in-ground pools.

Thanks,

Jim R.

N,

Salt cells have no brains and are dumb as rocks.. :p

You are their brain. You have to test your pool water for the right amount of FC and then adjust the cell's output % and/or your pump run time to adjust the FC level up or down.

The salt level will depends on the unit you buy and is listed in the manual.

You can use Pool Math PoolMath to figure out how much salt you need to add.

You need to test the water for salt before adding any, as most pools already have a lot of salt in them...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.