Nashville, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I was cruising along nicely with my first season with TFP but maybe I got too complacent. I’ve noticed the pool getting cloudier and I’m brushing a bunch of green stuff off the bottom. Running my Polaris about 2 hours per day but I’m having to get him unstuck a lot lately. Pool readings up to date in Pool Math and nothing is out of the normal ranges as far as I can tell. Any ideas what may be the cause and how to remediate?

Attachments

• DCFDD72C-F5E8-4C23-8FE1-00361349D935.jpeg
    DCFDD72C-F5E8-4C23-8FE1-00361349D935.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 26
Yes I’ve been running between 60-70 and have slowly been adding stabilizer to get it to 70-80. Just tested and I’m between 70-80 now and rounded up to 80.

I screenshotted the results. Everything is in the normal range. I was planning to run the filter overnight. Im also going to remove a light housing tomorrow as I’m noticing a lot of green buildup around it. Guess I will go to SLAM as a last resort. Does this sound like a good plan?

Attachments

• 54EB77EE-F4FC-4E2E-BF5D-E89A289D20DE.png
    54EB77EE-F4FC-4E2E-BF5D-E89A289D20DE.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 17
Yep didn’t think about FC dropping below the threshold in between my general lack of diligence. The pool has also received the most swimmer action over the last 4 weeks so it probably dropped low enough at some point to give the algae a toehold. Guess a SLAM is in my future - does that sound like the right next step?

Yep didn’t think about FC dropping below the threshold in between my general lack of diligence. The pool has also received the most swimmer action over the last 4 weeks so it probably dropped low enough at some point to give the algae a toehold. Guess a SLAM is in my future - does that sound like the right next step?
Yep. Get mean and get at the light and any ladders or steps and inside the skimmer real good with the brush. The sooner you start and the more you brush, the faster it will finish. You can let the FC dip a bit below SLAM level and put the kids in with brushes and make them work then boost the FC again and get aa good kill on things.

Once you are done SLAMming, you can use liquid chlorine to give FC a boost with heavy use, rather than relying on the SWG. SWGs are great for maintaining once FC is where it needs to be, but not for giving it a kickstart.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Passed SLAM in 3 days and back to “crystal clean” as my 4 yr old likes to say. I just didn’t realize how much bather load could impact FC so I’ll keep a closer watch on that going forward. And test daily. Thanks for the sound advice.

Attachments

• F035D128-F3C8-4662-B768-EFD2F03F42BB.jpeg
    F035D128-F3C8-4662-B768-EFD2F03F42BB.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 16
A little history helps a lot, if you will test and log your results before and after a pool party. I have a pretty good idea now of how much to add after a party to keep my FC levels up until I can test the next day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.