Suction Vacuum finally took a dump

Aug 25, 2013
Riverside, CA
So after many years of use my "the pool cleaner" vacuum finally bit the dust. I was happy with it, was heading over to amazon to buy another one and made the mistake to check the forums to see if there is something better lol. So I found the Dolphin Nautilus CC on amazon for $579 which seems like a good price compared to $370 for another "the pool cleaner". I'm looking forward to closing the vacuum suction line and having full suction for my skimmer. Is it worth the extra $200 dollars? Do i have to clean this vacuum very frequently? I only had to clean the attached basket like once a month on my suction vacuum. Can I just leave it in my pool 24/7 and pull it out when we want to swim? Is there any better ones in this price range? I would kinda like to stay below $600. Thank You in advanced

Robots are great. It can cruise around vacuuming and incidentally mixing the water without having to run a giant pump motor all the time.

I have no idea how the capacities compare, but maybe now that I've bumped it, someone who knows will see this thread and reply.

So after many years of use my "the pool cleaner" vacuum finally bit the dust. I was happy with it, was heading over to amazon to buy another one and made the mistake to check the forums to see if there is something better lol. So I found the Dolphin Nautilus CC on amazon for $579 which seems like a good price compared to $370 for another "the pool cleaner". I'm looking forward to closing the vacuum suction line and having full suction for my skimmer. Is it worth the extra $200 dollars? Do i have to clean this vacuum very frequently? I only had to clean the attached basket like once a month on my suction vacuum. Can I just leave it in my pool 24/7 and pull it out when we want to swim? Is there any better ones in this price range? I would kinda like to stay below $600. Thank You in advanced

How often you have to clean it is a function of your conditions, not the cleaner. If you didn't have a lot of debris before, the robot will not add debris. It may pick up finer particles and may require a little more attention but that's about it.

Call Margaret at Marina Pool Spa and Patio and see what kind of prices she can quote you for the Nautilus CC or the Active 20/S200/Triton PS models. That would be one step up and might be similar price as Marina is known to sell for lower prices than you can get just about anywhere and the Nautilus CC you're looking at is the full MSRP. 303-985-0077 is Marina's number. Free shipping and no tax outside of Colorado. Ask for Margaret.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.