Suction side plumbing

Oct 11, 2018
austin tx
I'm installing a new pump that has 2.5" suction side fittings. I have three 2" inputs from the pool, and one from the spa, and a single 2" pool and single 2" spa return. I'm planning on taking the 3 pool inputs and transitioning them to 2.5" all the way to the pump.

I have a Jandy neverlube valve on the suction side to switch between pool and spa. I believe the OD is 2.5", so I can probably cut off the 2" pipe and re-use the existing valve body, but should I? With the cut off 2" pipe pieces still in it, and the valve body itself, will it cause a restriction?

I'm thinking of buying the LARGE neverlube valve (2.5"ID, 3"OD), running 2.5" into it, and using a reducer from 2.5" to 2" on the spa input. Is it a waste of $100 to swap out the valve or will it help?

You will find the Jandy valve is 2.5" spigot or 2" slip connection to connect either size pipe without a reducer.

Why do you want to use the 3” OD valve?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.