Stumped with my algae situation

Ok, good on the liquid chlorine. We sometimes see people using trichlor powdered shock that dont realize they are adding CYA in the process.

If we call your CYA of 30, I would say get your FC to 12 and keep it there to knock out the algae. Try not to let it drift down to 8-9, which will include testing/adding 3-4 times a day.

Seems like you keeping your FC elevated, so it is a bit frustrating to see that the algae is coming back quickly. Do you have any pictures?

Ok, good on the liquid chlorine. We sometimes see people using trichlor powdered shock that dont realize they are adding CYA in the process.

If we call your CYA of 30, I would say get your FC to 12 and keep it there to knock out the algae. Try not to let it drift down to 8-9, which will include testing/adding 3-4 times a day.

Seems like you keeping your FC elevated, so it is a bit frustrating to see that the algae is coming back quickly. Do you have any pictures?

I tried taking a few pictures, but it's not really visible in the pictures. It always shows up in the same areas: at the base of the vertical wall on one side of the pool, and near the stairs on the shallow end. It will go away if I start the pool cleaner again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.