Stumped with a leaking pool

Will try too keep this short. Purchased a home with a pool after selling a home with a pool we had built. we opened this spring to water levels just above the shallow end of the pool. Thought this was odd. Pool was a swamp. Filled pool. Noticed a drop in the water level of 1/4 inch over 12 hours. Average of 1 inch + over three days no matter if pump is on or off. Had our previous builder’s company out to find a leak. Couldnt find leak and I wasn’t impressed with service. Had a second company come out who were very professional and performed a complete in pool/ under water inspection. Pressure test of all lines was preformed. A group of three spent 4 hours and were very disappointed to tell us that based on there equipment and tests there is no leak.

The liner is 14 years old and faded in areas around the deep end. My question: is it possible that the liner is leaking/ weeping as a whole due to the age rather than an actual leak? I’m at a loss at this point and don’t know what the next step is

Will try too keep this short. Purchased a home with a pool after selling a home with a pool we had built. we opened this spring to water levels just above the shallow end of the pool. Thought this was odd. Pool was a swamp. Filled pool. Noticed a drop in the water level of 1/4 inch over 12 hours. Average of 1 inch + over three days no matter if pump is on or off. Had our previous builder’s company out to find a leak. Couldnt find leak and I wasn’t impressed with service. Had a second company come out who were very professional and performed a complete in pool/ under water inspection. Pressure test of all lines was preformed. A group of three spent 4 hours and were very disappointed to tell us that based on there equipment and tests there is no leak.

The liner is 14 years old and faded in areas around the deep end. My question: is it possible that the liner is leaking/ weeping as a whole due to the age rather than an actual leak? I’m at a loss at this point and don’t know what the next step is

At 14 years old throw your money into replacing the liner instead of leak detection and repairs that are unlikely to last a long time.

ha ha, there you go. A liner can easily hold water for 20 years without a hole in it. A pipe with a hole will leak forever until fixed. If you had 12 man hours searching for a leak ON Site i don't see how anyone here will be able to nail this down for ya Andrew. But to answer your question on a old liner having water soak through it without an actual rip or a hole, not that i have seen in 41 years.
Pressure testing pipes is a positive yes or no IF done correctly, no maybe's about that.
Saying a positive yes or no on a liner at any age can be a trick depending on the set up, stairs, lights, etc etc. IF i had to choose to "believe" the pipe tester guy or the liner tester guy ( and done 100% correct by both ) I would have to believe the pipe guy as it is much easier to confirm 100% for sure no leaks.

ha ha, there you go. A liner can easily hold water for 20 years without a hole in it. A pipe with a hole will leak forever until fixed. If you had 12 man hours searching for a leak ON Site i don't see how anyone here will be able to nail this down for ya Andrew. But to answer your question on a old liner having water soak through it without an actual rip or a hole, not that i have seen in 41 years.
Pressure testing pipes is a positive yes or no IF done correctly, no maybe's about that.
Saying a positive yes or no on a liner at any age can be a trick depending on the set up, stairs, lights, etc etc. IF i had to choose to "believe" the pipe tester guy or the liner tester guy ( and done 100% correct by both ) I would have to believe the pipe guy as it is much easier to confirm 100% for sure no leaks.
Had a company come out to quote a liner. Guy offers to hop in pool and finds leak right a way with a bathing suit and a mask. No fancy electronic anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.