Strange metal balls in pool.

CaptainCannonball

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
May 18, 2016
Woodland, Ca
Hello fellow pool nerd friends. :p Noticed a number of these on the bottom of my pool and was trying to figure out what they were. They were all where my first return jet would deposit them. They are magnetic, smaller than a bb, similar to shotgun shot maybe :unsure: any thoughts? Are they going to add more iron to my pool? Sigh, been fighting that for a while from an old fence replacement.

Attachments

• FD1AAF8A-73C3-448D-A6DC-16BFB50E2B3B.jpeg
    FD1AAF8A-73C3-448D-A6DC-16BFB50E2B3B.jpeg
    207.5 KB · Views: 33
The only thing I can think of in your system that "might" product such small balls would be motor bearings. But if they were, I suspect you'd be hearings some screaming at the pump. I don't know if the Polaris uses bearing for it's wheels or tracks, but I wouldn't think so. As long as you got hem up quickly, there shouldn't be any worry about those things adding iron to the water. But it is a good question - where did they come from? Hummmmmm?

Woah, you guys are awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I just took my polaris apart and sure enough.... bearing with 8 balls missing

full

Reactions: borjis and tim5055

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.