Storm Prep for new owner...

CynRep

Jun 30, 2020
Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Hi - I have a 16x32 Intex and a yard full of very mature trees...as storm is set to hit tomorrow- I’m in NJ - I am wondering if I should put cover on pool or not?
Have seen on other forums,many feel more of a risk to keep it on but wondering what others who have more wooded areas experience - better to cover or not to cover?
Many thanks.

Leaves and such can be removed from the pool fairly easily. I would think a cover would be more danger as it would have a good chance of getting ripped off of the pool and possibly damaging things, depending on how you had it tied down.

Before past hurricanes I even went so far as to disconnect all the hoses from my intex pool and bring the pump and hoses into the garage, but I never covered my pool.

The cover is not very strong and it won't protect the pool from heavy debris. It would also either blow off or damage the pool if you try to tie it on. I would cap off the inlet and outlet lines and drain the pump and filter and put them inside. How much of a high are y'all predicted to take?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.