Storing pool floats / toys during the summer.

Jun 12, 2013
Hello ~

I wondered how you store your pool floats / toys during the summer. We bought an expensive cart on wheels, however we need something else with more room.

I would to any suggestions please.

Thank you so much!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

We store ours in a shed along with seasonal patio furniture. Although we had ours built, there are several options of prefabricated sheds / storage structures available at the big box stores. What we did to help size things is lay out all your pool toys, floaters etc. on the ground and allow for stacking things as needed. This will give you some idea of the size needed. In our case, we needed a larger shed than we had originally thought since some of the patio furniture could not be stacked. You would hate to get something, put it together, and then discover it is too small.

I built a large rack from 3/4 inch pvc covered it with plastic fencing and Hung it of the deck railing it is 5' wide 2 ' high and 6' deep hold 3 long rafts 4 toddler floats 2 medium inner tubes, 3 beach balls and upwards of 10 noodles.

I haven't switched the sheds around yet so taking the easy way out ~ I bought a huge tarp and bungees & I hook them to a fence ~ holds everything, even when it storms (the tarp makes a pocket and we load everything into there when not in use). We call it ugly but effective. It doesn't look real pretty, but it does the job for now until I can get the sheds sorted / deck style agreed upon and built.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.