Storage bin advice

Foosman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Austin, TX
I have a long area on the side of my home where the equipment pad will go. I'm contemplating extending the concrete for an area to store pool stuff. Any thoughts or suggestions on storage bins, etc? Maybe a few of the big boys designed to store cushions. Should I have something for chemicals or keep these in garage? I'm clueless as this is my first Pool...help.

I use a deck box that doubles as a bench seating area. I personally do not store any chems in there because of heat and cold issues. Chlorine loses strength when exposed to heat. Test kit needs to be stored cool and dry when not in use.

I keep my bleach, test kit, and a few misc items in the house laundry room where it's cool and dry. I keep the muriatic acid outdoors in a Rubbermaid-type storage container like you see below. Always make sure to keep muriatic acid away from bleach and away from anything metal. It will corrode metal in a heartbeat. Ask me how I know. :hammer:

Suncast deck boxes or RubberMaid storage sheds work fine. I have Suncast boxes and garbage cans all over the place as they're great for hiding things out of sight. Keep acid outdoors and away from metals as the vapors can be very corrosive. Keep bleach indoors in a cool place. Store acid and bleach in separate spaces, NEVER together. DEFINITELY keep your test kit indoors in a cool, dark space and never leave it outdoors.

I've found the Lifetime boxes to be fantastic if they have the size you need. They are strong, durable, waterproof and well engineered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.