Stonescapes Tropics Blue or Midnight Blue

rev29k

May 8, 2018
Tampa
Hello,

Were are currently in the middle of our new pool build and are having the good 'ol problem everyone seems to have...picking out our interior color. We have decided to go with the Stonescapes Mini Pebble, but are having a hard time deciding between Tropics Blue or Midnight Blue. I have scoured the internet, forums, NPTpool.com, etc. but am having a hard time finding what I can rely on as "accurate" pics. And I'm certainly having a rough time finding any pics of Tropics period. I can find plenty for Midnight, but not many people seem to be choosing Tropics. I have asked our builder for references we can go look at, but unfortunately most of his clients have been choosing a different brand, or they won't reply to his/our requests to look at their pools.

Would anyone who has either of these two colors installed be willing to post any pics of their water? We are looking for a deeper blue (not like "electric" blue or anything) just a deeper, slightly darker blue color, but definitely not a lagoon look. We are also trying to keep away from anything with any kind of green or aqua/teal color to it as well (which is why we quit considering Tahoe, as it still seems to have a slight tinge of green to it). We are in sunny Florida and our back yard is south facing, so it should get a lot of sun and virtually no shade (unless it's cloudy), so if anyone has or can take any accurate pics in full or mostly sunny conditions, that would be WONDERFULL!! Like I said, I have poured over this site especially, but seem to get different postings with different looks for the same color name.

Any help anyone has on this would be GREATLY!!!! appreciated. We are definitely the type to do our research and due diligence, but in the absence of any pool we can view in person, we are having to rely on online pictures.

Thanks everyone!
Sean

I went Tropics Blue and love it.
Thanks Don_TLR.

From what we have been seeing Tropics looks like it has a bit of a Teal look to it, so we aren’t so sure lately. And Tommy’s pic seems to reinforce that. We definitely don’t want anything with green or teal/turquoise in it.

I think we are leaning towards Midnight Blue now. I do seem to be able to find more pics of that, but again, it’s always hard to tell if the color in the pics are accurate.

Reactions: Kerriann
Hello,

Were are currently in the middle of our new pool build and are having the good 'ol problem everyone seems to have...picking out our interior color. We have decided to go with the Stonescapes Mini Pebble, but are having a hard time deciding between Tropics Blue or Midnight Blue. I have scoured the internet, forums, NPTpool.com, etc. but am having a hard time finding what I can rely on as "accurate" pics. And I'm certainly having a rough time finding any pics of Tropics period. I can find plenty for Midnight, but not many people seem to be choosing Tropics. I have asked our builder for references we can go look at, but unfortunately most of his clients have been choosing a different brand, or they won't reply to his/our requests to look at their pools.

Would anyone who has either of these two colors installed be willing to post any pics of their water? We are looking for a deeper blue (not like "electric" blue or anything) just a deeper, slightly darker blue color, but definitely not a lagoon look. We are also trying to keep away from anything with any kind of green or aqua/teal color to it as well (which is why we quit considering Tahoe, as it still seems to have a slight tinge of green to it). We are in sunny Florida and our back yard is south facing, so it should get a lot of sun and virtually no shade (unless it's cloudy), so if anyone has or can take any accurate pics in full or mostly sunny conditions, that would be WONDERFULL!! Like I said, I have poured over this site especially, but seem to get different postings with different looks for the same color name.

Any help anyone has on this would be GREATLY!!!! appreciated. We are definitely the type to do our research and due diligence, but in the absence of any pool we can view in person, we are having to rely on online pictures.

Thanks everyone!
Sean
I have the exact same dilemma. What did you decide on?

Hello,

Thanks everyone!
Sean
I’m currently in the same boat. I’m looking for a true blue. I’d love to have zero green/turquoise/teal tint. I’m not even sure if it’s possible, maybe with French gray but it’s so light. The black is gorgeous but I’m worried about the cons of going so dark. I have a few more days to decide and I’m praying I make the right choice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Don_TLR.

From what we have been seeing Tropics looks like it has a bit of a Teal look to it, so we aren’t so sure lately. And Tommy’s pic seems to reinforce that. We definitely don’t want anything with green or teal/turquoise in it.

I think we are leaning towards Midnight Blue now. I do seem to be able to find more pics of that, but again, it’s always hard to tell if the color in the pics are accurate.
Yes I see green in all the pools with Tropics too.

It’s the Puerto Rico blend
Today we are going to look at a pool with midnight but I don’t believe it’s Puerto Rico so it probably won’t be super useful and then we have to make our decision. But I think it’s going to be midnight Puerto Rico, remove the bag of gold pebble, replacing it with white and add a couple more bags of Puerto Rico blend beads. Maybe abalone too. Hardest decision ever

What combination did you get for this color? I LOVE the midnight blue you have. Did you change the combination of the formula at all?
Can you please share what final interior finish you chose and attach several pictures. I am thinking along the same lines of customizing and would like to know your final outcome.

Stonescapes Tropics Blue TOG. (about 2.5 weeks old in these pics)
Your property is beautiful as well as your pool. Thank you for the pictures. We are 3 weeks from interior finish. Thinking about customizing to take out the teal/green look and darkening, so feedback and pictures help. Ellen

Hello,

Thanks everyone!
Sean
Would love to help but went with Aqua Cool Mini

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.