Stonescapes mini pebble vs micro pebble vs PolishedScapes vs QuartzScapes

Is that micro pebble, because I don’t think the micro comes in aqua white... the closest is Summit Blue. I am having such a hard time deciding on the StoneScapes finish, both between mini and micro pebble and the colors. Our pool is 7.5 feet deep at the deep end.
We are leaning towards the Stonescapes micro pebble too, in the Summit Blue or French Gray. I wish I could see it in a pool in person or at least more images of it. I don't want too much variation and I want it to feel relatively smooth.

We are leaning towards the Stonescapes micro pebble too, in the Summit Blue or French Gray. I wish I could see it in a pool in person or at least more images of it. I don't want too much variation and I want it to feel relatively smooth.
The micro is definitely more smooth than the mini or regular. Most of it is as close to as smooth as plaster. We have a few places that aren't but that's not most of the pool.

Reactions: Volta
The micro is definitely more smooth than the mini or regular. Most of it is as close to as smooth as plaster. We have a few places that aren't but that's not most of the pool.
Nikilyn, I find so little info on the NPT's MICRO! I'm not a fan of the roughness of most pebble finishes. MINI seems...ok, and it is most definitely the finish the pool contractors here in O.C, CA are pushing. I like plaster but we need more durability. Can you post some pics of your micro finish please?? Is yours White, Summit Blue, or Aqua Blue? We're leaning toward White. Thanks so much!

Volta, did you decide? We, too, are going back and forth between micro and mini. Not a lot of info on the micro it seems. Most choose mini. I def like smooth vs rough.

Nikilyn, I find so little info on the NPT's MICRO! I'm not a fan of the roughness of most pebble finishes. MINI seems...ok, and it is most definitely the finish the pool contractors here in O.C, CA are pushing. I like plaster but we need more durability. Can you post some pics of your micro finish please?? Is yours White, Summit Blue, or Aqua Blue? We're leaning toward White. Thanks so much!
We went with Aqua White. Here is my build thread where I have lots of pictures.

Reactions: vmacmore
I seriously read over your 18 pages in your build thread like it was a captivating novel! You did such a great job with everything! And those close-up photos of micro pebble have me insisting on visiting a micro pebble pool before we commit to mini pebble. They absolutely do not do many around here. It's prob 75% mini pebble and 25% everything else combined. One of the places we may choose to use says there is "one" but it's an hour away and he would have to contact the homeowner first and he wants a signed contract before that. I honestly don't blame him bc he can't have potential customers bothering his past clients all the time. So, it's a dilemma. They all have mini pebble pools I can visit, but not micro pebbles. But there is a definite difference in the appearance between micro and mini. Notsomuch in the teeny 3" showroom samples (sorry, those are just so crazy. They're all smoothed out from countless finger rubbings that they can't really be very indicative of the feel of a new application, not to mention I want to step and walk on it so I see how it feels on feet and maybe know how it would tear up a bathing suit or your thighs!) So, your photos and your info is so appreciated! And, as you said, the Aqua White finish you said you have is not a choice from NPT now. That's a mini pebble color. Micro is more limited in color choices and the ones with blue plaster seem to be Summit Blue, Aqua Blue, and Moraine.

Here's a photo from the 2020 NPT finish book:

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 3.02.24 PM.png

Thank you again for your detailed info all throughout your build. I'm just beyond impressed!!

I’m glad I could help. The aqua blue is very similar to ours but darker. Not super dark, but more of a deeper color. That’s probably what I would go with if I had to pick from those.
I didn’t have a pool to feel but I noticed a huge difference in the feel of it and mini so I took the chance. I stepped in our friend’s pool last week who has Pebblesheen and it felt so rough compared to ours. It made me like our choice even more. We do have a few places that are rough because of application and I’m hoping to get them fixed. They need to repair a few places but we decided with them to wait until swim season was over. But I’m happy even with the rough spots. We’ve never had a problem with it being rough in our spa and has never caught swimsuits.

I seriously read over your 18 pages in your build thread like it was a captivating novel! You did such a great job with everything! And those close-up photos of micro pebble have me insisting on visiting a micro pebble pool before we commit to mini pebble. They absolutely do not do many around here. It's prob 75% mini pebble and 25% everything else combined. One of the places we may choose to use says there is "one" but it's an hour away and he would have to contact the homeowner first and he wants a signed contract before that. I honestly don't blame him bc he can't have potential customers bothering his past clients all the time. So, it's a dilemma. They all have mini pebble pools I can visit, but not micro pebbles. But there is a definite difference in the appearance between micro and mini. Notsomuch in the teeny 3" showroom samples (sorry, those are just so crazy. They're all smoothed out from countless finger rubbings that they can't really be very indicative of the feel of a new application, not to mention I want to step and walk on it so I see how it feels on feet and maybe know how it would tear up a bathing suit or your thighs!) So, your photos and your info is so appreciated! And, as you said, the Aqua White finish you said you have is not a choice from NPT now. That's a mini pebble color. Micro is more limited in color choices and the ones with blue plaster seem to be Summit Blue, Aqua Blue, and Moraine.

Here's a photo from the 2020 NPT finish book:

View attachment 372509

Thank you again for your detailed info all throughout your build. I'm just beyond impressed!!
We are in OC digging starts today and I’m 99% sure we are going with micro pebble in French gray

Reactions: Nikilyn

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We just had our new pool finished on Friday and we chose Aqua White mini. I can’t say yet if it feels rough but I’ve been in friends’ pools who had the regular size pebble and it didn’t feel unpleasant to the touch. However, our pool contractor suggested the mini for a smoother feel. I must say though, the plaster used with it is a very bright turquoise and I just posted my concerns last night on this forum because it looks uneven and blotchy like the blue comes out more in certain spots than others. It could be that it needs to cure to even itself out but I don’t know so I’m here asking... in hindsight I would have picked my first choice of the Aqua Cool mini which would have had a white plaster and been more forgiving, especially because we have a white water line tile... but we wanted a bright blue water like the Caribbean and that’s pretty much Aqua White. Anyway, I wish I could give you better feedback but I’m too early in the process.
Good day can you tell me how you like your white waterline tile???? I'm considering a white stone look tile and I'm doing the mini pebbles Midnight blue. Wondering if the hard water line will show up, we now have colbot blue and it's a hard to maintain/ Thank you

What was your cost difference quote? Our PB is telling us pretty much double for micro! Is it really worth it???
I can tell you that I did an owner-build (just filled 3 weeks ago) and the upgrade cost from stonescapes mini to stonescapes micro was 50% more for the same color. The addition of Puerto Rico blend (iridescent glass aggregate) was a separate line item. It is definitely smoother than mini, but not as smooth as plaster.

I can tell you that I did an owner-build (just filled 3 weeks ago) and the upgrade cost from stonescapes mini to stonescapes micro was 50% more for the same color. The addition of Puerto Rico blend (iridescent glass aggregate) was a separate line item. It is definitely smoother than mini, but not as smooth as plaster.
Hi, can you share a picture of your pool with micro?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.