Stonescape finish process and chemicals

Apr 29, 2010
We are nearing the end of our new pool build. The pool is 16x35 Freeform shape, 5'6ft deep. My question is on our finish. The pool had mini-pebble Stonescape installed on Wednesday. The builder began filling up Wednesday night and came by Thursday to turn the pump on and put 4 galloons of acid in the water. He has instructed us to let the pump run 24-7, brush 2-3 times a day, backwash every 18hrs and put another 6 galloons of acid into the water on Sunday. Then continue running the pump, backwashing and brushing until Saturday the 4th when we can get in. Is this right? I feel like I am missing something. Shouldn't I be testing the water during this process and add chemicals before we swim? I am extremely frustrated and confused. I want to know what I need to do, test and when. Our pool is a salt water pool with a sand filter. All the help I can get would be appreciated. I am looking forward to them being out of my life and starting the BBB method!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.