Stone Sealers?

Dec 9, 2016
Simi Valley, Ca
Hello all,
I have stone around the top of my spa that has just begun flaking (when wet, I can pull off pieces of the top layer). I have not put any type of sealer on it since it was built (about 2 1/2 years). It still looks great and I love the natural look of the stone, but I don't want to compromise the integrity of the stone and want it to last as long as possible. The main reason I have not put any sealer on it in the past is b/c my kids use the elevated (3ft or so) spa ledge to jump into the deep end, and I know how slippery some sealers can get when wet.

Any recommendations on sealers that will not become slippery when wet? I'd rather not use grit if that is an option. Not the best picture, but at least it gives some reference.

Thanks in advance!20200826_165313.jpg

That's tough because they all get a little slippery when wet, the cheaper ones more so. If you domt want to add grit look for a commercial line. SRW is what we use and the Xtreme type isnt bad but it will change the shade a little darker and slight wet look. I've added the grit to the yellow wet look extreme on pavers amd didn't think it was noticable at all. But on natural stone you cant use just any sealer so options become more limited. Find a big stoneyard near you that deals in natural stones and stop in amd see what they sell amd what they may recommend, most know their stuff. I've called their tech line a few times, very helpful amd knowledgful people on their end, could try that. I use SRW because my supplier carrieis it, and because it's a good product I never have issues with any of their lines

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.