Still didn't open this season yet...somehow just don't have the enthusiasm to do it....anybody else (in the 60+ age group) feel the same way??

lol...my Dad used to always say, "this getting older is tough, but the alternative's not so good either".....
My Dad used to say.. "There are three things that go when you get older, the first one is your memory... and I can't remember the other two 🤔 "

My kids will say that their Dad use to say: "It's only gray when you look in the mirror.".. that is, until I can't remember the other two.

the first one is your memory... and I can't remember the other two
LOL....yeah, how true! I think I'm already partway into that first one. It's like looking at travel photo albums. Now, yet, I can look back at pics and say, 'we were there'. But, years from now a view at the same pages might be more like, "were we there"? 😁
It's not age it's the mileage that'll get ya
I think Harrison Ford said nearly this same thing in "Raiders of the Lost Ark"....

If it ever stops raining, I just might get a chance to use the pool once in a while. Over the past few years, the weather pattern had become one of clear skies in the morning then clouding up in the afternoon (not to mention frequent rain / storms in the later afternoon as well). Oh well....climate change. What can we say? Time was when our spring perennials started weeks later then now. By mid-summer, most are done already and all that's left blooming are whatever annuals I planted.

I'll stick to dry weather for swimming.
So what yer saying is you have to be dry before you can get wet.. because if yer wet before you get wet it's too dangerous because you might get wet.... Got it! ;)
fail swimming pool GIF

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh you KNOW I looked but it was just the quote about rain coming up from underneath on a different screenshot

No, I'm simply saying the pool area is more slippery when wet which poses greater risk of a fall. One broken arm between my wife and I in the past 8 months is enough. I just have no desire to swim in wet weather. I grew up in a family that sold outboard motors and so our vacations were pretty much always oriented around boating - never liked it when we were out on the water and the weather turned rainy. So...yeah....I prefer to be dry (and sort of hot and sweaty for swimming outside) prior to getting in the water. I've been in the pool during rain (that started AFTER I was already in though. Back when we used to have one of those solar covers (like the bubble wrap stuff) sometimes used to only unroll parts of it to take a quick dip. If the rains came up, used to duck under part of the cover - pretty cool with hearing it batter on the top. But - yeah - neat how the rain seems to bounce back up from the pool water if it's raining hard enough. Still, not enough to motivate me to go out there in the middle of a rainstorm.

I keep picturing Forrest Gump with his hand out to shield from the splashing rain while chest deep.
lol...one of the best movies ever. Hanks is simply amazing in whatever role he takes on. Did you ever eat at a Bubba Gump restaurant? It's pretty cool cause sometimes Forrest shows up, plus the wait staff always does a little trivia quiz with you (well...at least they used to...who knows now anymore). Great food too. The menu titles are, of course, all plays on lines and situations from the movie.

Reactions: Newdude
One of my favorite websites, long forgotten was "DanmYouAutocomplete.com"
Loved it !!! It also took me an embarrassingly long time to remember that ‘ducking’ is in fact a legit word. Albeit not one I use 3 times in a sentence.

• Haha
Reactions: jseyfert3

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.