Sticky Bot power cord

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
My Maytronics Active 30i power cord is sticky and seems to be getting worse the bot is just about a tear old. I leave the bot the pool for a couple days at a time, I keep my pool balanced. I tried cleaning a 12" section of the cord with 409 didn't help . When the bot is out of the pool it's on it's cradle with the cord wound up and the cover is over it. If it's really hot I roll it to the shade. Any suggestions what's causing this ? Anyone else have this happening? I'll contackd Maytronics support also.

I have the same issue, and was actually thinking about posting yesterday. But I did a search and found another thread saying it was normal.

Reactions: SacDave
Update: Called support Cord should not get sticky take to the local Dolphin dealer will be replaced no charge I'm under warranty :) Have your serial number available if you call. I did register mine when I bought it. The lady at support was super nice , about a two minute wait to talk to someone then the process was about 5 minutes

I have the same issue, and was actually thinking about posting yesterday. But I did a search and found another thread saying it was normal.
look at my update

Reactions: scdaren
The pool guy said make sure your bots is out of the pool before adding chemicals.
If you add chlorine and acid as TFPC recommends, it has no effect. And you should never be adding all that much at one time if you are managing your chemistry.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.