SteveNbr's pool build

Thanks for all the kind words.

pb had his plumber fix the leak in the spa that I identified for him today... appeared he just stuffed the "gap" between the fitting and plaster with "putty?".... anyways, for now appears to holding like a champ. couldn't see any signs of leakage.

we may have taken a nice step forward today....

and enjoyed a swim with my family tonight too... my mom, dad, sister, wife, and daughter... nice.

close.

thanks again for kind words. happy swimming!

Just an updated pic.

Construction still dragging on. I think my pb wants to see how long he can take to stretch out a week's worth of work.

They did the mastic today. Got the pool verrry dirty, but they did a nice job. They covered the mastic with a gray sand so that it looks like mortar.

As you can see in the pic, they finally did the top coat on the deck, but need to come back and do the expansion joints... the guy doing it thought the white looked cool. In this case, I disagree.

Like pulling teeth...

oh, by the way, I did like KatyDave read in the pentair filter instructions, and added some DE to my cartridge filter... and it really made a difference. thanks for pointing that out Dave!
P8130117.jpg

Looks great...good for you for making them come back and fix their preference! I really like the brick coping and two tired spill over.

In reference to KTDave pointing out the DE for the cartridge filter, I read the pentair book and wow, that part was hard to find...very subtle and small text. Nice job Dave for proving that some men actually read the directions!

You gotta do something to keep your hopes alive while waiting to swim in your own pool! I bet I read each of my manuals about three times, Icould probably take my filter apart and put it back together blindfolded.

Steve, your deck looks great with the top coat on. What are you having done in that bare area (far left of recent pic)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.