Step by step instructions to hard plumb?

BellaBuggy

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 24, 2015
Bardstown KY
We’ve got a new hose from pump to filter and cannot get it to stop leaking. We’re frustrated and keep reading that hard plumbing (preferably with flex PVC) is the way to go to solve this issue for good. We are experienced DIYers but not with plumbing. I’m sure we can accomplish this but would be incredibly grateful if anyone could point us to step by step instructions. All we’ve found are photos and General tips. We don’t live near a hardware store so running back and forth is rather involved, and we’d love to have a solid supply list to be able to buy and get this all done at once.

you wanted step by step for a general question. you will need fittings for each end straight pipe between them and likely a 90 to connect them, some method to cut the pipe to length, PVC glue and PVC cleaner.

added youtube link

Last edited:

Years ago we had this excellent thread but unfortunately time has taken its toll on the quality of this thread. Photos missing and so forth really has altered the experience, but hopefully you’ll be able to pickup some “tips.” I’m always on the lookout for great write ups for topics like this (and we’ll archive things MUCH better) to publish so if you find anything amazing, let me know.

Reactions: Joeinorman
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.