Stenner pump

Juliogt86

Jun 9, 2020
Los Angeles CA
Hey there! New to TFP. I’ve searched through many threads regarding this and I have learned alot but still having trouble with this. Looking to get a stenner pump but not sure which model I should go with. Looking into one of the Econ t models. I will soon be setting up a 12x24 x54” oval pool which is just under 10k gallons. I have a 100sq ft 1.5hp cartridge filter to be installed. Which model would beat for my setup from the models in attached picture? Thinking of the 1.3 gpd or 2.50 or 3.49gpd but really have no clue which one to go for. Filter will run for a total of at least 8 hrs a day or more if needed. 4hrs morning, 4hrs when sun goes down. So approximately how much chlorine should I need to inject into the pool? Is it a good idea to inject it both in morning and night or all at once? When? What time would be best? This has me all confused! D9C913DD-5218-430F-86DD-47A32A1BC83B.jpeg

Why 8Hrs of run time? Did you know that turnovers is a Myth? A pool needs aprox 3-4ppm of FC a day. So for a 10K pool you need about 40-45 oz of liquid chlorine 12% a day. Depending on the stenner pump you buy you could feed that amount in 1hr or 10 hrs. Run time is usually determined by how much skimming you need to keep the pool clear. Since you have a 1 speed pump i would try to run it the least time possible due to KWH/$.

Reactions: Juliogt86
Why 8Hrs of run time? Did you know that turnovers is a Myth? A pool needs aprox 3-4ppm of FC a day. So for a 10K pool you need about 40-45 oz of liquid chlorine 12% a day. Depending on the stenner pump you buy you could feed that amount in 1hr or 10 hrs. Run time is usually determined by how much skimming you need to keep the pool clear. Since you have a 1 speed pump i would try to run it the least time possible due to KWH/$.
So then wha
Whats your take on when the chlroine should be applied this way? Also, are you 8 hrs of filter run time is not enough not sure what you meant. I’m thinking AT LEAST 8 hrs based on what other people are running it but if neede 10 or 12hrs.

Whats your take on when the chlroine should be applied this way? Also, are you 8 hrs of filter run time is not enough not sure what you meant. I’m thinking AT LEAST 8 hrs based on what other people are running it but if neede 10 or 12hrs.
The point is that you can feed it in a single dose or several time a day. Since you have a single speed pump i would dose at one time only. Try running your pump just for 2 hrs and go from there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice. I see there are 25 or 80 psi econt t pumps. What is the main difference if any in pool application? Should I consider either 25 or 89psi?
In pool service it really doesn't matter as the 25 psi is more than capable of handling the job. I prefer the higher pressure units because they come with a inlet check valve so it the feed tube springs a leak pool water doesn't flow out until I happen to notice it.

I run mine twice a day, once at midnight and once at noon. I have an electronic timer that lets me set up to three events a day of whatever duration i desire. The Midnight one coincides with my 4 hour skimmer run time, and the noon one is just for chem add (main pump is running also)

In pool service it really doesn't matter as the 25 psi is more than capable of handling the job. I prefer the higher pressure units because they come with a inlet check valve so it the feed tube springs a leak pool water doesn't flow out until I happen to notice it.
Almost 2 years later and we are finally finalizing the setup. I ended up getting the stenner e10t2c 25psi pump. I have a waterway clearwater II. I have attached a pic for specs of pump. My question is, in regards to the psi, do I need a check valve to prevent backflow? To my understanding, if the psi at the injection point (return) is less than 25psi, i don’t need a check valve, if it is over 25psi, I can use the stenner 26-100 psi check valve. On a setup like this what is a normal psi range that is at the return line?

Given the equipment listed in your signature, I'd say that the pressure at the return is going to be less than 15 psig, so I don't think you need the check valve.

You should have a gauge on your filter that reads the filter pressure, and the return pressure will be less than that.

Given the equipment listed in your signature, I'd say that the pressure at the return is going to be less than 15 psig, so I don't think you need the check valve.

You should have a gauge on your filter that reads the filter pressure, and the return pressure will be less than that.
Ah..got it. Ask wasn’t sure if the pressure gauge on the filter had to do anything with the psi on the output. Makes sense now. Thank you for all the help. I really appreciate it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.