Stenner Pump

Jun 2, 2015
Easton, PA
I am getting ready to install a Stenner Pump to inject Chlorine but i don't want to get rid of the Chlorinator just yet. My problem is deciding where to make my injection point. The people that installed the pool didn't leave any room after the chlorinator. The pipes go right into the ground. I could drill and tap the elbow but i'd like to avoid it if i can. I'd got room before the chlorinator so my question is this: if i make the injection point before the chlorinator will the bleach dilute enough before it gets to the chlorinator to be safe? I would never actually use both at the same time but I don't want to leave the door open for some else to it.
Thanks
Joe

I installed my T fitting with threaded insert for my stenner before my inline chlorinator. I then put a cut off piece of PVC inside the chlorinator so you can’t add any pucks, but it’s more my OCD. I’m the only one taking care of my pool so it’s not an issue. Put the injection point where you can and enjoy an even more TFP.

17.7k gal, 98 ft perimeter, IG quartz, 3HP EcoStar VSP, 1.5HP TriStar Dual Speed, 725 sq ft SwimClear Cartridge, Rainbow chlorinator, Paramount clear O3, Pro Logic controller, 500k BTU heater, AquaVac 500, Spillover Spa, 3 sheer waterfalls, 3 bubblers.

I had the same idea when I switched to a Stenner pump. Ultimately it was just easier to remove the entire chlorinator and plump in a T section that includes a threaded section for the Stenner injector. You can see the details through the link in my signature. If I ever have a problem with the Stenner pump and can't get to my pool each night, then I can just use pucks and floaters. But it was nice to get of that chlorinator.

Thanks for the reply. I was going to remove the chlorinator but they way they installed it would make it very difficult. They used a threaded fitting into the chlorinator - not a union. Anyway, I taped a 1/4 hole just after the chlorinator and job is complete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.