Stenner pump ferrules caused me some headaches today. Silicone saved the day!

Mar 4, 2015
Sugar Land , TX
So I did a quick OTO test this morning ( water just did not look correct, a little cloudy ) and zero FC in pool. I new it was getting close for my yearly Stenner pump maintance. I went ahead and replaced the tubing , cleaned out the black tubing, cleaned up injector, and cleaned up pickup. Turned on the Stenner pump and could not get any bleach out of it. So I double checked rollers, check! Double checked tubing for a hole, Checked out good! Reset the black tubing into the pump tubing, Checked out ok. Restarted Stenner, NO FLOW again. So I replaced the ferrules, Still not flow. What could it be I asked myself. Everything was back to the way it was suppose to be. The only thing I could think of is leak in tubing or ferrules not seating properly. I double checked, all ok, but this time I put a thin film of the silicone I use on o-rings on the ferrules. IT WORKED ! So i wanted give everyone a heads up in case you have this issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.