Stenner is money well spent

May 17, 2017
Jacksonville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
After 11 years of adding chlorine to my pool manually, I finally invested in a Stenner Econ T Pump and 15 gallon tank kit. Sure, I still have to lug jugs of chlorine occasionally, but I’m fine with that. After programming it and letting it run, I haven’t had to dose the pool manually, which I’ve normally had to do a couple of times a day In the warm months. Some will ask why I didn't go with a SWCG. Well, I also recently purchased a VSP, and I wasn’t willing to part with that much money so soon. And bonus, they make the product just on the other side of town.

Awesome! Mind sharing the parts you bought and a pic?

Is your tank covered or in shade? Do you have it connected to any automation controls like an EasyTouch?

How/where did you to into the plumbing? That's the scariest part for me--I'm not a plumber, and I don't want to just start cutting pipes.

I'm preparing to do this as well, so gathering as much info as I can. :)

Is your tank covered or in shade? Do you have it connected to any automation controls like an EasyTouch?

How/where did you to into the plumbing? That's the scariest part for me--I'm not a plumber, and I don't want to just start cutting pipes.

It has been a few years since I researched and found them, but somewhere here there is a thread with information about drilling and tapping the PVC pipe to inject chlorine. I bought the drill bit and tap to use for tapping for the Stenner injector but I didn't end up using that method for injection. I will say this though as I was preparing and had purchased the tap, just alway buy an extra 2' piece of PVC and practice a few times on that if you are concerned about tapping PVC. It might be much easier to do this than to cut into plumbing and having to work with pipe if you can just tap one of the pipes and screw in an injector like the Stenner has on it.

I bought the Econ T pump and 15 gallon grey tank as a kit. That kit came with the clear tubing, so I got a supply of the UV tubing as well. The tank site inside my lanai opposite the equipment pad.

I don‘t have any central automation, but the Econ T is programmable.

it’s plumbed in using a threaded tee fitting that I added to the pipe after the filter. I did have to cut a section out and replace it with the new section with the fitting.

I couldn't agree more with the money well spent title!
I love my Stenner. :love:
This is what I did for my injection point...
kxDtEHb.jpg

It has been a few years since I researched and found them, but somewhere here there is a thread with information about drilling and tapping the PVC pipe to inject chlorine. I bought the drill bit and tap to use for tapping for the Stenner injector but I didn't end up using that method for injection. I will say this though as I was preparing and had purchased the tap, just alway buy an extra 2' piece of PVC and practice a few times on that if you are concerned about tapping PVC. It might be much easier to do this than to cut into plumbing and having to work with pipe if you can just tap one of the pipes and screw in an injector like the Stenner has on it.
it’s plumbed in using a threaded tee fitting that I added to the pipe after the filter. I did have to cut a section out and replace it with the new section with the fitting.

@GDN & @P3Jason - I am hesitant to do anything with the plumbing. I don't want to mess something up and then have to pay someone for an emergency call to come fix it. I'm wondering if I can repurpose the line going into the pipe from the Rainbow chlorinator...
Pool_Rainbow_Chlorinator.jpg

I bought the Econ T pump and 15 gallon grey tank as a kit. That kit came with the clear tubing, so I got a supply of the UV tubing as well. The tank site inside my lanai opposite the equipment pad.

I don‘t have any central automation, but the Econ T is programmable.

Gotcha. I am hoping to tie into my EasyTouch8, so hopefully I don't need any additional automation. Good to know you bought extra tubing. I was thinking I'd need to do that as well.

This is what I did for my injection point...
kxDtEHb.jpg

What is the cap called that you used for the injection line. I'm trying to look it up online (like Home Depot), but not sure what to search for.

@GDN & @P3Jason - I am hesitant to do anything with the plumbing. I don't want to mess something up and then have to pay someone for an emergency call to come fix it. I'm wondering if I can repurpose the line going into the pipe from the Rainbow chlorinator...

PVC is not expensive. Go get a couple short lengths of pipe and some fittings and practice cementing pieces together. You’ll discover it’s actually pretty easy.

Reactions: thephatp and GDN

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.