Startup Salt Question

May 13, 2018
Watertown, NY
Long time lurker, first time poster! We’re on construction day 2 for a vinyl in-ground 35x15ft pool with a SWG. Our contract includes start up salt, and as I look at the pile of 7 bags of it in the yard, I see it’s “enhanced with stain fighter.” I can’t find any info on the bag about what the stain fighter is, other than statements that the salt is food safe, kosher, certified, etc.

I will obviously be buying plain salt in the future as recommended, but how big of a problem would it be to let the builders use what they’ve brought for the first round? We still have at least a couple days until water goes in. If this could cause any long term hassles, I’ll run out and grab the plain stuff myself. If the stain fighter is something harmless that will go away on its own in time, I’d rather this not be one of the battles I fight with the builders.

34957382-759B-4FAF-9DF5-CA48C0D6CE50.jpegB72F748E-1E4B-4521-8F61-1FF1D90C82C3.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!

I suspect it is some kind of iron sequestrant. Should not be a big deal. Marketing hype.

Reactions: dolcedaze
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.