Carbondale, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
Circupool RJ30+. Just finished SLAM because my stupid pool got green waiting for my new pump. Water is still Cloudy, but I passed my OLCT and CCs are zero.
Can I start my SWCG up now to maintain the FC as she clears instead of adding more liquid stuff to it constantly?

FC 10
Ph 7.2
TA 70
CYA 60-70
Salt 3100
Ch 75

Ch is only 75 because it is an AG vinyl.

Yeah you can start your SWG anytime during the SLAM.. just know that one of the criteria for passing a SLAM is clear water. And you need to turn it off if you do OCLT.
Yep I do know that! When I said finished I meant that my OCLT was passed and CCs were below .5. I know final step is clarity. I will continue to test and monitor, but I figured the swcg producing chlorine will help versus me having to wait for someone to be home to add liquid. I can't lift the bottles yet because of surgery.

Reactions: mguzzy
Okay then, your SWG should operate fine. Since you are still watching that clarity issue, just be sure to monitor the FC closely to ensure its only the filter holding-up your final step. You understand the 3 criteria, but sometimes a filter can lag behind a bit. But if things go backwards, you obviously know how to start-up the SLAM again.

Yep I do know that! When I said finished I meant that my OCLT was passed and CCs were below .5. I know final step is clarity. I will continue to test and monitor, but I figured the swcg producing chlorine will help versus me having to wait for someone to be home to add liquid. I can't lift the bottles yet because of surgery.
In general I like to tell people to turn off the SWG during a SLAM only because you are dumping huge amounts of chlorine in the pool.. the SWG's slow rate of chlorination is not really going to help AND if you need to keep track of how much chlorine you are putting in, the SWG will throw that number off unless you have a really good idea of how efficient your SWG's output is, and nobody ever really does... But at this stage of the game yeah, start letting it do its thing. its sounds like you are in the final "filtering crud" phase. Sounds like you got it under control!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.