Starting to look better...but.

Just got the kit, I am looking through it and reading the instructions. Is the only way to test pH with the little blue safety kit?
Not sure what "safety kit" means, but PH is a color change result test. So any of them are ok with us ;)

FC has 2 ways to test, the OTO (yellow drops) test, that simply indicates chlorine is present. The exact amount is measured with FAS-DPD (white powder that turns pink when placed in chlorinated water)

Go to the settings - there are some additional items there that can be tracked (CSI, salt, borates, water temp, CCs, etc). You can turn it on there.

Ok, here are my first test result, these look BAAD. The CYA is a tough one. I did it twice to make sure that I could no longer see the dot. Here are the reults:

FC = .5
pH = 6.2 (This was a shade of yellow that was below the scale, so I estimated)
TA = 30
CH = 500
CYA - 80
CC = 15

I would suggest to get your PH up and SLAM Process, are your CC's really 15? You will need lots of liquid chlorine (either plain household bleach @ 6% or LIQUID pool shock/chlorinator @ 10%)
Use PoolMath (or the app) for how much you need to add.
After doing the FC, I added the 5 drops of R-0003, it turned back to pink. It then took 30 drops to get it back to clear using R-0871

Reactions: splashpad

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am not sure how to use the app yet, will it tell me how much pH to add to get it up? Is that my first step?
I personally like to use the online calculator (but it doesn't save your records) PoolMath
Be sure to change the gallons in the top column to reflect your pool's size and change the pool type in the lowest colored box to reflect your pool type

Where do I start?
Use poolmath (app or here online) and see how much soda (baking or washing is ok since your TA is low) is needed to raise your PH to 7.2 from 6.8

You'll need to decide if it's feasible to do a water exchange. As both your CYA and your CH possibly need to be brought down. Was the CYA test done in a bright light (outside w/sun at your back) or next to daylight bulb inside

Use poolmath (app or here online) and see how much soda (baking or washing is ok since your TA is low) is needed to raise your PH to 7.2 from 6.8

You'll need to decide if it's feasible to do a water exchange. As both your CYA and your CH possibly need to be brought down. Was the CYA test done in a bright light (outside w/sun at your back) or next to daylight bulb inside
What is that? An ingredient in something that I should be looking for? On the app it asks if I am adding Soda Ash / Washing Ash or Borax (20 Mule). I don't know what any of that is. Do I find it in the pH stuff from the pool store? I have some of that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.