Starting manual vacuuming from shallow end

amin36

In The Industry
Nov 24, 2017
shahsavar
Hey everyone,

When it comes to manual vacuuming it is advised to start it from the shallow end of the pool and then slowly move towards the deeper end of the pool.

Why shallow end is advised first rather than starting from deeper end?

Thanks

I have never seen any such reccomendation. So long as you cover all the real estate, you're good. I don't think I've ever vacuumed the same twice. Some areas are more of a PITA than others and my mood of the day determines which I go after first. :)

I do typically do the U shape of the shallow end first (when doing the shallow end) with a few passes wide, so then it's easier to take long swipes at the middle of the U without getting hung up on the perimeter. Sometimes I go across the U from the sides, sometimes I go with the U from the short wall towards the deep end.

Reactions: amin36
I've never started from that end in almost 30 yrs. Why?
a. Where I stow the hose/head/pole is much closer to the deep end skimmer. It is soo hard to transport it the 36 feet further to the shallow end (<grin>)
b. The deep end is much closer to my equip. pad, so if I have to make valve or pump changes in the process, again less steps.

The only reason I can think for someone to make the recommendation would be the faint possibility of suspended particles kicked up by the vac. making it to the main drain a little easier, with less chance of settling back to where they were. But if I am vacuuming well anyway, it never seems to have mattered.

Reactions: amin36
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.