Starting Conversion today 6-11-11

Ok, so I cleaned filter and soaked overnight. Just put everything back together and added DE.

I used the pool calculator to figure out how much CYA I should add. I am adding enought to bring the level to 30. Should I try to get the CYA higher because our pool gets full sun all day?

In the long run you should raise CYA to around 50, but since chemical levels don't always turn out the way you intended and it is simple to raise the CYA level, and complicated to lower it, it is best to do that in two steps and check to see how things turned out in between. So raising CYA to 30 right now sounds great.

Ok, so I added the CYA yesterday and overnight. Chlorine level is still really high today at 13.5 FC. CC has been .5 for the last 3 days.

I would like to use the BBB method going forward. I'm just not sure what level I should try to keep my FC at.

I'm assuming I should let my FC levels fall to a reasonable number and not shock anymore at night?

So, at what FC level is it ok to swim?

With CYA at 30, routine day to day FC levels are between 2 and 6, and never below 2. Shock level is 13. Most people consider anything between the minimum and shock level safe to swim, so 2 to 12. For day to day use, you will need to raise FC to somewhere around 5 each day, so that it is at least 2 the next day. With a little experience, you way be able to lower that target to 4, or you may need to raise it to 6.

So, my conversion is complete. Took just about a week and I couldn't have done it without your help! Thank you so much for everything! I am sure I will be hanging around here as I try to figure out this BBB method.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.