Start up for season

Pool $tore testing? Guess we know what that's worth... Of all the tests they get wrong, CYA is probably the worst. You are going to need to get a good test kit of your own before you can know for sure what is going on in your pool. There are 2 kits we recommend. Either the TF-100 (I use that one) or the K-2006C (I used to use that one)

That's too small to read.
Cc-10
fc-10
ph-7.2
ach-70
ch-80
cya-120(about a cm below 100)
salt-3100
temp-76

- - - Updated - - -

Pool $tore testing? Guess we know what that's worth... Of all the tests they get wrong, CYA is probably the worst. You are going to need to get a good test kit of your own before you can know for sure what is going on in your pool. There are 2 kits we recommend. Either the TF-100 (I use that one) or the K-2006C (I used to use that one)
i have a kit very comparable to the k-2006c

Cc-10
fc-10
ph-7.2
ach-70
ch-80
cya-120(about a cm below 100)
salt-3100
temp-76
Are these your test results, or a pool store's?

And is the CC really 10 or is there a typo somewhere? FC is good. CC is bad. TC = CC+ FC. Is that really CC or do you mean TC?

The next question is how did the CYa get from 200 to 120? And also, I should mention that the graduations on the view tube are not equidistant. Any time the CYA reading is higher than 90, the test should be repeated using the dilution method in Step 8 here: Pool School - CYA

The bottom line is until we have accurate results we can't comment or advise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.