SMS68

Jul 21, 2018
Midwest City
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 400# sand filter topped with a waterway WVS003 7 position multiport valve.

The valve assembly has a cage assembly on the bottom that slides over the return standpipe. Is there supposed to be a gasket within that cage that seals the connection to the stand pipe?

Welcome! :wave: Take a look at the links below to see if they are similar to what you have there. I do see a gasket for the split nut, but not sure if that's the same item you are questioning for the part that seems to slip over the standpipe. If these links don't help, post back and we'll tap the assistance of some other sand filter owners who may know.
Waterway 7 Way Valve Parts
https://www.waterwayplastics.com/manuals/810-0081.0910.pdf

Thank you for the reply!

I checked out those same diagrams prior to posting and they don’t cover in the required detail.

If you flip a WVS003 over there is a birdcage type assembly on the bottom. The standpipe that routes water up from the laterals passes through that birdcage and into the diverter, but it’s not a precise fit. Seems like there should be some sort of gasket or seal there to prevent unfiltered water from passing through or blowing by.

Some do and some don't have any type seal. If it's supposed to have an o-ring there will be a groove either in the stand pipe or in the MPV inlet to accept one. If it doesn't have a groove it doesn't use a seal.

Having a little water leak at the connection isn't a problem. we're not making drinking water so the tiny bit of unfiltered water that's mixing with the filtered water is nothing compared to the unfiltered water in the pool being mixed with the water from the return(s).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.