Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a negatively sloped yard that gives me an interesting design consideration for the exposed exterior of the raised bond beam. Initially the PB was going to just spray the same textured deck coating on this surface, but I will have a couple patios around this backside of the pool so I would like for it to have a nice visual aesthetic to the persons sitting on either of these patios.

I would love to carry the glass waterline tile over to this side, but I feel that will be cost prohibitive. I think a stone facade will be difficult also due to the curvature of the pool wall. So doing a quick google search for stamped concrete on a wall is possible, but could not find any examples of this done on a pool. I also thought about maybe running wood planks vertically with air gaps between each other and the concrete. Has anyone done something different than stone or stucco for an exposed exterior section of the bond beam? Or have any input on some possible implications in doing so? TIA

Looks like you have some ideas all ready. The curvature presents some challenges.

Would a basic stucco type application work?

A stone façade would definitely be doable, but challenging for sure. I know some of the composite decking material is bendable and likely a cheaper alternative to tile or stone so that could be an option as well (Picture is from google, not my deck)

Attachments

• RSB-Custom-Curve-Deck-with-Fire-Pit.jpg
    RSB-Custom-Curve-Deck-with-Fire-Pit.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 23
Thanks for the reply! I didn’t know it could bend like that with the thin plastic veneer. My thought was to do vertical runs so you only have 6” or less width to allow a nice smooth curve. But yeah stone and tile were pretty much crossed off the list for budgetary reasons. I need to have someone come out and see if they can do a stamped concrete on the pool due to potential moisture and temp differences compared to a horizontal slab.

Sure we could do a stucco or even the “cool deck” coating that the PB planned to do, but with the two large patios on the backside I think doing something with more visual character would be a nice touch.

We looked into stamped concrete for a patio a couple years ago and found out that it needs to be sealed every year or 2 to best preserve its look, not sure if it would be the same in your climate but something to keep in mind.

We looked into stamped concrete for a patio a couple years ago and found out that it needs to be sealed every year or 2 to best preserve its look, not sure if it would be the same in your climate but something to keep in mind.

In our previous home we had stained concrete floors that I kept up with the sealant every 2-3 years, but think that was probably due to foot traffic for the most part. Of course with it outside you have the wear and tear from the elements so might not be any different...especially from UV of the setting sun on that side. I do already have stone sealer to periodically reapply so might be able to just spray the whole thing down ?. Thanks for the insight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.