Stair Mat or not??

Jun 30, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
So I am in my second year of having our pool. Love it so far and realized after trying different methods that the TFP method of maintaining it is by far the best. But my issue is now my wedding cake steps seem to cause indents in the cove area of the pool. They have suction cups underneath and don't seem to get any algae or anything. Just debating now if I want to do the pool mat or not? Is it worth it? I have heard horror stories of having to take the steps out weekly because of build up algae from the pool mats. I definitely don't want to be dealing with that. Is it harmful to leave the indents or should i try to work them out with my feet while I'm in the pool. We did add some extra sand to the bottom when we installed the pool and the coves were nice but seem to get the indents mostly around the steps. Any thoughts, suggestions or help would be appreciated.

This is the mat I'm looking at getting

https://www.amazon.com/Hydro-87956-Protective-Ladder-36-Inch/dp/B0032JSQMU?th=1

But I have also heard of people using the walmart bath mats and also shower liner from home depot. Just not sure what is the right direction if any or if I should even be concerned because it has suction cups?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.