Stainless steel panel cause dissimilar metal corrosion?

Kari_MA

Jul 21, 2019
MA
Hi! I am very new to all of this and just starting the research into which AGP we want. I met with a Doughboy dealer yesterday and the paperwork provided indicated that SS panels will cause dissimilar metal corrosion when the two different types of metals are bolted together. But a lot of pools I’ve seen online have those panels. It’s so hard to know what’s good/bad vs a dealer just trying to sell their products. What are your thoughts?

Hello and Welcome to TFP!!

It can be hard wading through all the marketing materials. The benefits of the SS panel are real. Many AGPs will corrode around the skimmer and return areas. The SS panel helps prevent this.
The steel wall will come from the factory with paint and this should be enough to prevent most galvanic corrosion.
Take a look at any AGP and where the ends of the walls come together. There will be a metal strip on the inside and outside of the wall with 20+ screws. These strips are typically SS.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.