Staining/Splotches after tile and decking work that doesn't come off- COPING AND DECKING

JRUHL

May 18, 2021
Murrieta CA
Hello all- New member here. Our pool is nearing completion but I have become concerned with the coping and decking. Coping looked great but when the concrete for the decking was poured the coping became hazy. I assumed it would wash off but it doesn't (it does look great when wet though). Then the tile was installed and the coping was left in even worse condition along with foot prints... NONE of it washes off.

Our builder is aware but doesn't seem too concerned or sure how to fix it. Waiting to see what they tried.

I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix or if anyone has experienced the same thing? Seems pretty stupid to be so careless about the coping and decking when doing tile work :(

I've never had a pool built before but it doesn't look right to me…

Thanks!

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_6510.jpeg
    IMG_6510.jpeg
    634.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6511.jpeg
    IMG_6511.jpeg
    533.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6564.jpeg
    IMG_6564.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6563.jpeg
    IMG_6563.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6562.jpeg
    IMG_6562.jpeg
    649.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

Looks like a bunch of sloppy workmen were around the place. Some of it will weather in and blend in over time.

Let's see what @jimmythegreek says about it.

It will weather and blend over a season or two. Definitely sloppy. You could try a paver or concrete wash just make sure any acid in it is very low percentage. Could also try white vinegar that cleans well. I would pressure PB to do any of it. He may try to say its worst after you touched it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.