Staining on WetEdge Luna Quartz Bermuda finish

geewiss

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2020
Centreville Maryland
I have a 2 year old pool and ever since it was completed we have had issues with an inconsistent looking surface. The pool builder has tried multiple acid baths (one even with a full empty of the pool and power wash) and a jacks stain treatment and nothing has seems to have fixed the issue.

I was wondering if any one has dealt with an issue like this before? I've attached pictures and hopefully it comes through on the screen. Notice how around the walls and the edges it's a darker color? Notice towards the middle it's more of a whitish color?

Any input or thoughts greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 93
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 90
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 88
  • pool4.jpg
    pool4.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 88
Both power sanding and acid treatments remove a thin layer of plaster from a typical half-inch plaster coat. The difference is that power sanding should provide a smooth, hard, and dense surface which is able to withstand water and chemicals much better and last longer. Acid treatments leave a rough, pitted, and porous surface which will continue to deteriorate faster and will be easily stained by metals and dirt in the water.

Thanks for all the information and I will show this to them. I do want to bring up one more thing first to you.

Upon their initial check a few weeks ago. The pool builder took some Jacks Magic and let it fall through a held PVC pipe to the shallow end. This way he could let the Jacks powder sit directly on the surface of the pool (not exposed to any water). He let that sit for a minute or two and when he pulled up the PVC pipe and the Jacks dispersed, we could clear see a darker spot and it looks as though the color of the quartz had returned. Does this indicate that it is indeed a calcium buildup and that water chemistry was the cause?

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.